17 August, 2010

update: TOK TOK TOK

So I was on QQ音乐 listening to my playlist...

then I saw Tok Tok Tok - Super Junior on the New Songs list

I clicked it. Put on my Headphones thinking it might be some kind of R&B/Pop song

Then I hear pentatonic scales, Trot style (Korean Pop Music developed around WWII)
Sounds like the Enka style in Japan but I don't know if it's developed in parallel with one another.
(UCLA needs a Music of Japan professor pronto..)

I 2xed checked my playlist...

Then no...I heard the reassurance of "Tok Tok Tok"

and it sure sounds like Super Junior ...

Wait. my mistake. Super Junior-T, the second sub-unit of SJ.
more info: click the wiki here!



Now! I don't feel bad liking traditional music! smug* For ya'll that laugh at me for being all old fashioned, watched the tables turn and you'll be faced with this counter-revolution of retro style songs hohoho~

No comments: