07 May, 2010

My Nose Stud Story

Let me begin my post with my face.



if you look closely, u can see my nose stud on my right nostril.

it's really small bc i didn't want a nose ring! n i wanted something cute!

I had this pierced at Freak Chic in Melrose approx. 3 week ago. Mat Joseph is my piercer and he's SO pro at what he's doing that it's worth paying the amount! (wont disclose here but if u pm me i'll let u know)

Well, if you're in the area and interested, I had a 5 Star amazing experience there. YELP reviewers also agree:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/freak-chic-los-angeles



I get asked questions from my crazy friends like,

Q: What happens when u get sick?

A: I don't know yet coz i didn't get sick, but i suppose i just have to be extra careful. However, when i blow my nose the air from my nostrils will push my stub upwards (almost a comical effect)

Q: What's really inside your nose? Is there a backing?

A: When i was picking out the stud i wanted, the studs look like this:



After it was pierced, I felt the shape seems like :


so the piercing doesn't just slide out. removing the stud is quite tricky & my piercer suggested i go back to him to remove/change studs

Q: so..DID IT HURT?
A: No. i felt a tear trickle out of involuntary response, but otherwise i felt no pain. i give it a 2/10 ... LOBES hurt more. trust me.

Q: Was ur nose pierced with a needle or gun?
A: needle. For sanitary reasons, ALWAYS get ur piercings done with needle. I had my cartilage(both sides) pierced with a gun and I am thankful it healed well. I have two lobe piercings each side: with gun and needle. Needle is less painful, and won't pop any arteries and a pro knows how to prevent infections!

So to readers who had their nose pierced with a stud, you may have gone through the process where the stud has SUNKEN into the nose like quicksand. It seems REALLY scary coz it might just sink right into the nostrils and there'll be a HUGE hole in ur nose.
My stud has sunken in the first week, and that is why when I hung out with my friends they thought it was really small. but as weeks go by, my stud grew back out bc my skin is healing, and my friends usually make remarks about how that's the only thing they stare at bc it's SO INTRIGUING.
Also, if your stud has sunken in, do not panic crazily. studs normally will do this. that's why usually pros will reccommend getting pierced with a loop first. Keep pushing your stud up from ur nostrils at all times, and eventually, ur nose will heal and ur body won't reject the piercing. Just clean it!!!

Q: what do u use to clean it? do u use H20?
A: I know other people use H20, but I use a cleanser lotion, given to me by my piercer. I clean my stud and the occasional grime near it with a Qtip dipped with a pea sized amount of c-lotion, then dip the other side of the qtip with water to lightly 'rinse.' I do this two times a day. When I wake up and before I sleep.

Works well. no infections. healing nicely.

Piercing should be healed in 3 months, and it's best to keep the piercing on for a year.

Q: How do u like..wash ur face?
A: be very careful around the pierced area...i'm very gentle with my face anyways

Q: So if you take off the piercing, can u like breathe a tiny bit-ish through ur pierced hole?
A:....WHAT?

Q: Will you ever change your stud?
A: Depends. i m really a lazy person.

2 comments:

daintycream said...

Nice stud you have there. I would never have the guts to get it - my Asian parents will go ballistic over it, if I ever get it done haha!

Anonymous said...

This helped me so much, thank you!! I was freaking out about my stud sinking in haha. I got it done 2 days ago and I had no idea what was going on.