03 June, 2010

California Gurls!

So I am listening to California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dog) sung by Katy Perry.
Be sure to spell "Gurls" coz "California Girls" is by The Beach Boys

This single was also rank 1 in billboard digital Song Chart! :)


I was curious and read a few comments people wrote, and mostly many are saying her voice sounds a close to Ke$ha's.

I don't think this should be compared though, we're following this style of singing, not neccessarily impersonating the singer.

As I was walking to class (more like brisk-walking coz I'm late), I heard something

FUNNY

in the lyrics.

Let me explain:
This is Snoop Dog's Rap:

Tone Tan
Fit and ready
Turn it up cause its gettin' heavy
Wild wild west coast
These are the girls I love the most
I mean the ones
I mean like shes the one
Kiss her
Touch her
Squeeze her

The girls a freak
She drives a jeep
The men on the beach
I'm okay
I wont play
I love the bait
Just like I love LA
Venice beach
And Palm Springs

Summer time is everything

I just find it funny coz he said VENICE Beach and PALM SPRINGS. AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA
Ok not really anymore. Coz the song is about the California beaches and girls on the coast, then out of nowhere, Palm Springs comes up. It's like the songwriter cannot think of anything else to say ...like "santa monica" is too long, or "Huntington Beach" is ..also too long... so Palm Springs it is!

Well. Palm Springs is about 2 hours

EAST

of UCLA, and to me that's quite far inland. it takes 2 hrs to get to SAN DIEGO from UCLA...so now you have a bit of comparison. CRAZY! I would go there for...desert parties...? It gets windy like SF at nights coz it's near the hills. Looks like typical suburbs...i'm thinking Cupertino/palo alto ish ...steven creek road lookalike LOL

He also included Venice Beach!! Nice place to go...never been there before tho, but from the reviews I have seen on the web (you can search around), it doesn't seem like a place where Beach Blondes go....

Overall, Love the song. coz I'm born in California anyways...
still... haven't watched it yet ...i'm not a movie person but would love to ;|
Alrights gotta finish essay. & also, FOLLOW ME.

No comments: