13 May, 2006

Asian Branch voluteering.

This blog starts with a cake.





May 13th, 2006. Oakland's Asian Branch Library's 30th Anniversary. Time around 11:00pm.
Sally was suppose to be there, but she has to be SOMEwhere else.

See those balloons? The volunteer/staff workforce did that.

They are:

Kelvin. He's fills up balloons. He looks super happy in this picture. THAT is totally not how he felt though.

But I don't know, he seems too happy for his own good.






The staff members wendie and jun. Wendie was cutting ribbons while jun was helping me wrap the ribbons on the balloon. Nice people. XD

The balloons then gets decorated around the library, then distributed to Children.





The cart to the left is where we worked at. The balloons are put there because there's just space.

About the balloons...

Jane does the job giving it out.

After the balloon work and other prepareness of other stuff, Staff + 2 volunteers gets to chill and eat. I didn't eat with them. They're adults anyway.

I was reading not released magazines and eating spongecake. Lesson: Must stock up on hk fashion.

Bottom half of voluteering.

After the balloon work I get to chill for a bit. So I took random pictures.

Rene. He just posed for me, blurry but still visible.



This is the back door of the library.




This is what I had to do. Stand there and direct people out the back door because the front has been blocked due to kung fu performers.

Like this:


Open the door, then people leave. After that, I go back to this:



Uh huh. same expression.

well, this was an accident. :



I was telling people to come here and ..the picture got taken.


My brother had a job too, walking people outside this door if they need to. It's a long walk, so he has to facillitate in case people get lost. Oh, and he doesnt have the volunteer sign because he left it somewhere.
NOTE our curtious smiles. Really note that.

1 comment:

Jessica Tang said...

oh well. I think vicky helped me sign off.
haha.
FREAK of nature. I need to start working at the library again. -__-;.
jes