09 April, 2006

oakland chinatown

I am really tired now. I'm talking about 2:45 in the morning here.
so for the sake of ginny i'll blog a bit about my day.

So I was going on Xanga and checking my suscriptions. and what do most say?
"why am I not sleeping? because it's SPRING BREAK!".
Ok. so why am I NOT SLEEPING lah? because I am blogging.
spring break for me is still a good SEVEN days away.

anyways.


so I was heading for Oakland, and look how barren the land is. Not the usual walls that borders around the San Leandro-Oakland part. The nice scenery went on for the darn good half of the awesome 'trip'.



I believe this is the San Mateo Bridge (?) I'm unsure. I have to ask my dad later on that. Look at the distance of this. It takes 5 minutes to get that over with. I get the exotic scenery of the ocean and the beautified airplanes above. Mainly I just look at the airplanes. They're probably landing soon.






Finally in the proximity of Oakland. See the landscape? yes. and there's a train there. Probably Union Pacific.






These are my friends waiting for me to walk across the sidewalk in Oakland Chinatown. That's helen [sis], sally in the middle, and margaret [mars] to the right. Sally's camera SHY at this moment, in case you're wondering what the heck she's doing with her cd player.




My half drunk grass-jelly drink. From a tapioca shop The Sweet Booth. It sure gave me a stomach ache afterwards, but it was worth it. =D



This is the dog in front of Juice-a-go-go, another tapioca shop. Mars adored the dog soo much, so I've decided to post this here. Picture taken by Mars.



This is where I use to shop every freaking day with my mom. and the only reason she'd bring me is because I can help out with holding the grocery bags. I hate doing this but hey, she treats me with whatever i like if i help her. so of course I'm in. That place has been here since I moved in to Oakland, so I'd say it's been standing for more than 12 years.


This is where I used to live. It's one of the apartments there. I still love that place though. The building is situated at the heart of oakland chinatown and if i wanted to go anywhere, it's not a far walk compared from where I live now to the newly open BZ cafe (where Quickly's used to be)-thats an 30 minute walk we're talking about there.

To sum it up, I have a reverse city-shock. I know I head out to Oakland every week, but it's not the same anymore. I cannot attend my teen council meetings, I cannot hangout with my buddies, and I study like forever just for freaking Chem.

Yet, when I visited the Asian Branch Library, every librarian still remembers me. Isn't that something? =D They all said "I still remember you! I saw you grow up." then they used their hands to approximate my height back when i first met them . 12 years. they've been in the libaray for a wholesome 12 years. and I've been visiting the library for...12 years!!?!! WHOA i'm old.

See the difference compared to Sillicon Valley? Bay Area vs. Sillicon Valley. I love both.

7 comments:

Jessica Tang said...

nah. advertising has got you.
Well, you three didn't pose when i asked, so that's what i've come up with. at least i didn't post up the ones mars took of sally.
that puppy was....eh, not that cute to me. but i put that on just so ppl can see.. so yes.
AW SHUT UP. u have to always be the DE FACTO one huh. ok. so i guess that was 10-11. but they had their 10th year aniversery like a few years back. i know i lived in RRP. for 12 years.

Jessica Tang said...

but finally a post!!
and i'm not k.o. of the schoool library...yet.

Anonymous said...

wow...how long did you live in oakland? even the librarians know you O.o

i used to feed ducks at oakland when i would visit my grandparents ^^

Jessica Tang said...

well, i lived in oakland for about 12 years (?). I attended k-9 there. but i arrived 2 years b4 school session i guess.

yes, the duckys are pretty cute. but i think they smell.

where did ur grandparents move to?
just curious.

Anonymous said...

they moved to san jose ^^ they're a lot closer now, so we visit each other a lot. but i miss feeding the duckies. even if they did smell :P

Jessica Tang said...

lol.
San Jose.. that is VERY close.
i think the time stamp on the bottom is wrong. not sure...

Jessica Tang said...

yep it is. i'll change that.